● By entering the server, you are expected to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the server. Failure to adhere to these rules may subject you to a temporary or permanent ban from the server(s) depending on the severity of the offense.
● Occurrences of potential or legitimate rule-breaking must be submitted to #ark-reports. We encourage all parties to maintain and submit as much evidence supporting their sides as possible to achieve clear resolution. Submitting evidence is mandatory, as we do not go off of word-of-mouth. If it is something that requires server-side investigation into logs, be sure to mention that in your report.
● We will operate on a five-strike system, adjusted from The Isle's report system to account for Ark: Survival Evolved.
• A singular person may accumulate up to four strikes on their record before they are banned upon the fifth strike.
• Strikes may be issued upon the completion of a valid report or by being witnessed in-game by an Isla Nycta staff member. Notifications of strikes will be made by in-game warning/kick, through Discord, or via our website's messaging system. If you feel that you have received a strike unfairly, contact NR or another Head Admin. In cases of tribe-wide strikes or warnings, the leader of the tribe will be contacted.
• In extreme cases, a complete wipe of a tribe's structures or tames may be required as a punishment, up to the discretion of either the Server Owners or Head Admin of the Isla Nycta Ark Servers.
● Isla Nycta Staff reserve the right skip all "warning" punishments and permanently ban someone that has proven to have no regard for our rules or community. If you feel you were unfairly banned, contact a Head Admin.
● Attempting to abuse loopholes in these rules may still result in punishment.
● We expect you to use common sense when playing here, as the rules would have to be 5 pages long if we clarified every grey area. If you have questions on if something is allowed or not, contact a staff member or don't do it.
● Names of tribes, players, and tames must be rated for "general audiences." This means no extreme profanity, discriminatory words or phrases, radical/political expressions, or obscenities, no matter how obscure in slang or alternative in spelling. This includes Steam names and paintings. Ark Admins will have the final say.
-- Attempting to disguise your tribe by renaming it as an existing tribe's name, for the purpose of raiding/griefing/etc. is forbidden. Pick a distinguishing name with dignity, but don't try and be clever with alternative spelling or symbols in order to avoid backlash.
-- People cannot be in multiple different tribe groups across the cluster. They need to remain under the same tribe name. But, for example, if tribe "BeachBobs" is only established on Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles, and someone not from that original tribe establishes a tribe called "BeachBobs" on Extinction, then that's considered impersonation as well - and in cases of impersonation, Ark Admins will defer to the tribe name that has more seniority. We understand not everyone has all paid DLCs, and that it's sometimes difficult for tribes to establish themselves across all servers.
● Tribes must have the same tribe name across all servers. Players must also remain in the same tribe, with the same tribe mates, with the same name across the cluster they are playing on. Do not leave and join tribes for temporary purposes such as raiding, fighting bosses, completing missions, etc.; utilize alliances for that.
-- In cases of tribes merging or members joining, tribes must follow through on every server both tribes are established.
-- In cases of merging where one of the merging tribes is not established on a server, the tribe that is can change their name to the agreed-upon tribe name.
-- If a tribe member(s) leaves or is removed from the tribe on one server, they must be removed from all other servers that the tribe is established in.
● Cheating / bug-using / glitching / duping / meshing / DDoSing is forbidden and subject to banning if documented evidence is provided. This list is non-exhaustive; Isla Nycta staff reserve the right to have the final say.
● Attempts to circumvent any imposed limit (tribemember, alliance, tame, structure, etc.) are fobidden.
● "Insiding" is punishable. Insiding is defined as: a tribemember performs an action that is considered "treasonous" to the integrity of the tribe, such as unclaiming dinosaurs for others/rival tribes or stealing for themselves, dropping the inventories of storages, stealing/hoarding resources, lying, making secret deals with other tribes, and so on. In the eyes of Ark Admins, all property under the tribe's name belongs to the tribe owner, regardless of tribe politics and agreements, which includes and is not limited to: tames, resources, equipment, structures, and territory. Misdemeanours and grievances between tribe members must first be attempted to be resolved with the tribe owner and/or next in the chain of command. In cases of escalation, Ark Admins may be brought in to intervene. We encourage tribe owners/tribe admins to be smart and cautious with letting strangers into their tribes and to utilize structured tribe rankings and permissions/limitations.
● Auto-decay/destruction of structures and tames is enabled. To prevent "camping" of valuable real estate, tribes are expected to maintain activity and growth. If you (solo players) or your tribe (all members) plan or have an issue that will prevent you from being in the server for more than seven (7) days, please submit a ticket via the panel in #ark-auto-decay.
● If you, the tribe owner, decide to leave the server, you are required to pass ownership of your tribe to another tribe member.
● In-game trading for resources is allowed, as long as real life currency or goods are not included.
● Do not abuse the TCsAR mod, ~~voting rewards websites~~, or Auction House mod with cheats, dupes, glitches, etc. Evidence of such will result in bans from these systems, and possibly the servers.
● Do not create auctions that threaten to depreciate the economy of the Auction House or Rewards Vault. This includes selling rare items/tames/resources for exceedingly low values. Repeated offenses will warrant a ban from the Auction House.
● Do not park your dinos in locations that prevent people accessing resources, their own tames, bases, caves, artifacts, etc. Parked dinos may be deleted without warning.
● Please restrict yourself to building in one location as your tribe's "main base," with the allowance of one "outpost," per server in the cluster.
-- Outposts must not exceed the range of a x1.5 N+ feeding trough.
● If you suffer performance due to the size of your main base, consider downgrading structures and cryopoding unused tames. If multiple reports are made against your base's size, you may be asked by an Ark Admin to downsize.
● A tribe may set up a public trap that other players can access without it counting towards the limit of an outpost or base. To avoid server clutter, tribes are limited to establishing two public traps per server. Every trap not for public use must be removed by the tribe when not in use. Public trap designs are restricted to the following guidelines:
-- Must follow conventional trap functions/appearances; gates, walls, pillars, etc.
-- Must have signs in English that name the trap as a "Public Trap." If there is a number pad, there must be a sign displaying the pincode.
-- Must have unrestricted access to the trap - no locked door without an available code.
-- Must not resemble anything close to a base, with the exception of having a spot for beds.
-- Must not obstruct spawns or pathways, or be too close (within a 3x N+ feeding trough range) of any base that does not own the trap.
● Tribes can set up "respawn" points no bigger than a 1x1x1 structure, provided that the same guidelines against obstructing spawns, pathways, or being too close to bases are followed, that they do not clutter the maps, or are placed in areas of viable real estate.
● Hogging special resources such as redwood trees for sap taps (that are not part of main bases), oil wells, gas veins, etc. is only allowed if their structures remain unlocked for community access.
● Griefing players not in your tribe is forbidden, such as using fliers to pick up players, kiting/dropping aggressive wild dinos on bases, and so on. On the same note, understand that you have a responsibility for your own safety and that of your base/tames, such as preventing thievery or wild creatures from accessing your tames.
-- During server events, stealing from players participating or committing actions that otherwise disrupt the event may warrant your character being temporarily banned for the duration of the event.
● Rare Sightings, Shiny creatures, wild tames, special eggs, beacons, loot crates, etc. are given a "finder's keeper's" priority. Unless surrendered, the first person to spot and claim the above secures it, and cannot be griefed for it. This includes stealing items or killing/harming a creature being tamed. Wild creatures cannot be bartered, traded, or sold. This includes selling "access" to the creatures if they are corralled, selling the coordinates, and so on. Only tamed creatures can be bartered, traded, or sold. If the claimant leaves the territory (such as needing to get resources for a tame), the object of importance is considered abandoned/forfeited.
● Tames left on wander must be in a physical corral, under the influence of a Dino Leash, or tethered to a modded Hitching Post.
● RP players/tribes are valid. Even if you don't agree with it, allow them to have their fun. However, RP does have its limits; in-character actions, words, and deeds can have out-of-character consequences when they border on the breaking of rules and harassment of players.
● For balancing purposes, do not give "end game" items, ARc bars, or tames (specified as non-sterilized and unbreedables, including reapers) to newer players and tribes.
-- Players can give resources, food, saddles, structures, tools, weapons, ammo of any quality and quantity, with the exception of tek, fabricated weapons/tools, and blueprints. Tames must be spayed/neutered.
-- If they join your tribe, the senior tribe members can choose to share resources. Do not "jump" tribes as a way to loophole this.